View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Zauskycop
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z, '16 Miata
Zauskycop will become famous soon enough

I also have a 2012 Sport, and I had to agree to my wife's terms that I could only put something on the car if she didn't notice ;-). Other than the exhaust, I have been trying very hard to be clandestine with my modifications. Since I am doing the One Lap of America next month, I definitely had to make some. There is a great thread on track day prep/practices that you should read...but here are mine in what *I* feel are the order of necessity...

1. Oil Cooler - Plain and simple you have to have it if you track your Z. The 2012 OEM "cooler" is more of an oil warmer...garbage for track days.

2. Brake Fluid/Clutch fluid - DOT 4. Motul RBF600. Just do it.

3. Brake Pads - The OEM pads will...work? But they will fade fast. Carbotech XP8's all around, and they can be changed at about 5 minutes a wheel.

4. Alignment - You autocross so yours should be good. Recommend 0 toe front, and 1/16 in per side rear. About -1.5 to -1.7 camber in the rear also.

Other things you can do such as front swaybar, brake cooling, and Road Race pump...but you don't absolutely NEED those. Your car will like you for the first two, and you will fuel starve under..say...3/4 a tank without the road race pump.

Tracy Ramsey
Zauskycop is offline   Reply With Quote