View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton88 View Post
Even though I'm an old coot and grew up in the '60s, I never understood the appeal of muscle cars. Big *** cars that were only good in a straight line. I always went for the British sports cars of the time. Bugeye (frogeye) Sprite was my absolute favorite and it would have fit in the trunk of most of those muscle cars. Kind of scary on the freeway surrounded by all the behemoths. Sometimes, I still get that feeling in the Z surrounded by Semis and Suvs.
Yup, my first car was a Fiat 600 with an 850 spyder engine. It was ... a piece of sh!t. But I learned manual in it.

I shopped around for the next car. Almost bought a Chevelle SS that had a special 427 in it (they usually did not come with that engine) about $500 out of range in 1976, then looked at Roadrunner, 383, 4 speed pistol grip shifter, lime green. It had clutch problems. Then I drove a 1968 MGB, BRG. Sold on it. Been in love with sports cars ever since.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote