View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Updates:

Got the rear speakers installed in the trim panels, some minor dremel work was required but it was a good last minute decision to go back to the 3.5's. Anything else would have required serious work as the clearance for these bad boys is TIGHT as is.

Clearance with panel installed:

I also got some more of the wiring cleaned up, and more of my radar installation done which is happening simultaneously. Finally, I got the tweeters installed using some adaptor brackets I got online. The Hertz tweeters sit fairly high with the protecting cover over them however so the factory covers needed to be modified to fit back on. This left things looking pretty weird so I decided to wrap the factory covers with speaker grill fabric. It turned out pretty well in the end, I actually think it looks better than the cheap plastic factory ones.

Next step, install the capacitors and then mount and wire the amps. Getting closer and closer to testing/calibrating day! I'm hoping to be finished up by the end of spring break