View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
xenferno
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo
xenferno is on a distinguished road
Default Question about test pipes?

New 370 owner here. So I recently ordered a pair of FI resonated test pipes, with the recommendation of several other Z owners. A few weeks after I learned about ART pipes. As I did more research, I read that test pipes can cause a significant loss of low-end torque, which the ART pipes do not. Not only that, it seems that ART pipes can give an overall gain of more HP and TQ as compared to the test pipes. Noise is not really an issue for me, but I definitely don't want to experience torque loss and miss out on HP and TQ. The reviews I read have been mixed, however, with some users saying that ART pipes and TPs are fundamentally the same, with the major difference being mainly noise supression.

I know that long tube headers are generally the best solution for power, but they are not within my budget. So should I attempt to cancel the order and go for the $200+ more expensive ART pipes? I do feel silly for jumping the gun and not doing as much research before I purchased (I have only put down a $100 deposit, and pay the remaining amount for the TPs prior to shipping, which is not for a couple more weeks.)

Thanks for your input.
xenferno is offline   Reply With Quote