View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 08:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
My buddy built his own set up a few years ago. But it's not the set up that's expensive. Well, they can be if you just buy one. But it's the cost of carbon refills and such that make it expensive to use. Even the raw materials in bulk was expensive. I don't remember his exact numbers, but he calculated the cost per wash after a year and decided it wasn't worth it and sold the set up on craigslist.

I use the Mr. Clean system with filters and can get about 4-5 washes per filter. But I'm down to three filters left and it's long since discontinued. You can find them on eBay and such, but they're stupidly overpriced at like $10 per filter. So I'll be switching to the two bucket method with hose water once I'm out.
Yeah I figured it's around $5 a wash if I only use it for the final rinse and more like $10 if I use it to fill the bucket, too. I have seen cheaper refill material but I haven't tried it.

Sorry to hear about the Mr. Clean discontinued, guess I'll toss mine after I use up the last 2 filters I have. Hopefully the "hose the mud off and Optimim No Rinse" thing works out for me, because there is no way in hell I am getting up at 6 AM to wash my car or dealing with 10,000 mosquito bites from doing it at dusk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
ummm. me for one. my days start around 3:30am. weekends included.
You poor bastard.

Or lucky, I suppose, depending on how you look at it.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote