View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #920 (permalink)
Bulletz4break
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
Bulletz4break is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton88 View Post
I had the exact same BMW experience....hated that SMG paddle shifting piece of crap. I don't know what I was thinking. So glad to be back to a real manual transmission. BMWs might be the ultimate driving machine, but not very often because they are always in the shop. I don't think 6 months went by without some issue cropping up. Never realized how much I would miss that 3rd pedal.
The water pump went out on mine with 70k miles and left me stranded on my way home from Myrtle Beach. Also had two or three expensive oil leaks fixed, the power steering leaked, a tranny problem and an engine knocking noise that was supposed to be normal...

I find it funny that the car I traded in for the BMW was a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 with close to 400whp. I did all the work and tuning to the car myself. Beat the hell out of it everyday and I never had on issue with it. Stock block, stock clutch, traded it with 83,000 miles and it was still running like a champ. Although I did forget to tell the dealer it ran on a mixture of the E85 and 93 octane...
Bulletz4break is offline   Reply With Quote