View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 12:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
oscargarza88
Base Member

Drives: Miata
oscargarza88 is on a distinguished road

so update...:

ITS FIXED!!!

So I had new rear tires replaced and still did not fix the issue even though it did get better. I didnt get around to aligning it yet since my guy was busy this week but i did find the bolt that holds the camber arm in the hub area in the passenger side was loose. Loose like the nut was flush with the end of the screw

Thinking about this being loose doesnt make sense in my head how it would have cause such an issue since i have the SPL camber arms and even if the bolt was loose the movement up and down would have been the same and the way the arm is in place does not allow side to side movement.

Regardless of explanations (which i hope someone can chime in) i no longer get that wandering feeling and the rear following the grooves of the road. Its pouring rain right now and can confidently drive at whatever speed without this issue. It feels like the first day i picked it up.

Unfortunately i cannot explain what the issue was exactly but i did 1:replace the tires and 2: tighten the camber arm bolt that was loose.
Still plan on dialing back the camber but in the meantime very happy with the fact that my car is back to normal, i was worried for a minute there.

For you that said oh its just the camber and don't be scared of the rain, haha it was definitely something more.

Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated and anyone with further questions please ask.

Thanks!
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote