View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 01:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
radensb
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z GM M6
radensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond reputeradensb has a reputation beyond repute

Stories like this make my blood boil. You have a new car with a known sketchy part that causes situations exactly like this. Nissan knows this. How could they not!? Yet they still try to weasel out of their obligation to fix it. Complete BS! The dealership telling Nissan this looks like abuse is surprising as my understanding is that dealerships get paid by Nissan to perform warranty work. So why would they make it more difficult to get money from Nissan?

I had issues with my CSC previously so I know the symptoms well. The bottem line is that if you, in fact, didn't abuse the car, Nissan needs to cover this. Period. Dont settle for less. I would not rely on their biased opinion which supports misuse by you and not faulty engineering by them. Especially when you have another Nissan dealership saying otherwise and there is an abundance of information supporting your claim of CSC causing the problems! If you took your car to this other dealership who said they they would cover it under warranty, you would you have to pay anything?

Fight this. You can win. You should win. There is more than enough evidence to support the claim that others have made. The CSC failed (as they ALL DO), caused fluid contamination, which lead to clutch system failure and the markings on the flywheel. If you have to pay anything, you should inform Nissan that you will take this as far as it needs to go to get fully reimbursed.

Maybe the other dealership can make the argument that they inspected the affected components and disagree with the theory of abuse and feel that this in fact should be covered under warranty. Then the dealership your car is at should be able to do the work under Nissan's dime. If not, get your car to the other dealership. Then go after Nissan for reimbursement of any out of pocket expenses.
radensb is offline   Reply With Quote