View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 10:50 PM   #893 (permalink)
jwick
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 G37 6MT
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
Last I checked the viscous limited slip diff uses fluid as a coupler. You manual tranny guys seem to think your **** is one solid mechanical link to the rear wheels. You are wrong. I know I'm reaching here but the whole concept behind the mt vs at debate is that third pedal and not the clutch(es) involved. And if you really want to get technical, the 7AT has 32 clutches. So if the argument is over how power is transmitted, keep walking. And I'll repeat it again... Torque converter lock-up happens from 2nd through 7th. So on a base model with no VLSD and a 7AT (similar to what I had) you wind up with a highly desirable solid mechanical link to the rear wheel. Even though the sport gets power to both wheels, as long as you maintain traction there is no difference in whether one or two wheels get power.

Now, if it's about stroking that phallic symbol in the lower console and a third pedal, now we're making some sense because we are all ghey here anyway. Presto loves my ****.

Ugh. I hate these threads. When I get bored I always come crawling back. And all I wanted was applesauce. :/

Coming from the guy who sold his AT to buy a MT

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote