View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 08:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Misnomer
Base Member

Drives: 2020 BMW M240i
Misnomer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwest2300 View Post
How big is your oil cooler, and have you considered doing a block off plate for cold temperatures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Stig View Post
If you have a 34 row Z1 cooler, then I have a blocking plate you can have for free. Just taking up room in my garage. It is bare steel with velcro to attach it to the cooler. It really does help to have it on in the cooler weather. I would drive it in everything but actual snow, so it saw single degrees and still performed well for the oil temps.
I'm getting the 25-row cooler, and I've never heard of a blocking plate: I presume it's to allow the oil to warm up properly in the winter? I do drive my Z in actual snow, so I'll consider adding one in the fall.

Is having an oil cooler in cold temperatures a known problem? Is the plate more of a "must have" thing if my Z is my daily driver?

(I get so frustrated with Nissan sometimes! Make a sports car that can't be tracked without overheating, then the fix to that needs another part because I live in a place that has winter...grrr...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Stig View Post
I think they charged me for three hours labor. I believe it was at $85 an hour... If that was not the quote, then I am close and yes, I thought it was very reasonable at the time.
Thanks!
Misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote