View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 09:41 PM   #603 (permalink)
MR.nismo
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gun Metal
MR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to beholdMR.nismo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyD1978 View Post
Robert,

Did you make sure that it doesn't interfere with the fuel level reader? Also when at the gas pump it may say your full, but can actually take more gas if you wait for it to settle in the tank. Not sure...just some thoughts.
I don't know if Z's can suffer from overfilling the gas tank. On other vehicles I used to fill it to the very top until I could see gas almost coming out of the fill port. Well, little I knew that I was damaging the charcoal canister AKA evap canister. Once I learned my lesson (a few hundred dollars) once the fuel nozzle stops pumping gas, I stop pumping gas as well.
What I was doing is overfilling the tank and any excess was being poured into the charcoal canister thus saturating it. Once the canister becomes saturated is useless and can cost as much as $800 for some vehicles.