View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
1. Is there a certain mileage for our cars recommended for a new clutch? Of course it depends on use, but are there any general rules of thumb - 80k, 100k, 120k miles - just to prevent damage to the flywheel, getting stranded at the side o the road...(I have 95k miles and my clutch seems perfectly fine)
2. Wait until there are clutch failing symptoms - and if so what are they - noticeable slipping going up hill with WOT?
3. What should I pay (what did you pay) to have a dealer replace a clutch?
4. Any recommended mods with a new clutch - aftermarket, lightened flywheel, etc.

Thank you,
1. if you know how to properly drive a stick, clutch should last a very long time (i.e. over 100K).
2. there are different variables to this, but the best way to test is to place in a higher gear at a lower speed and then WOT. If the speed doesn't "match" the revs, then that's usually a sign.
3. not sure - never had to do this.
4. unless you plan on doing some serious tracking, it's kinda pointless. would a person take whey protein if they just sit on the couch all day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bDC View Post
I am by no means a "Clutch Expert"

I just had my clutch replace and my car was at 75000 miles, basically the clutch was burnt.
i dont understand why your clutch was burnt and replaced @ 75k miles. ride the clutch much?
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote