View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #602 (permalink)
Robert Yuras
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370Z
Robert Yuras is on a distinguished road

Anthony:

Funny you mention the fuel level reader. One of my pieces of foam moved and interfered with my drivers side level indicator, which messed up the law of averages and left me on the side of the highway last night at 3 am. WTG.

On a positive note - I fixed it in about 12 minutes today and got a bit of a workout in last night while walking.

The foam does not seem to have any effect on filling. I've put two tanks in without issue.

I will continue to have to experiment with this. and find the right angles and placement. I'm 75% sure I'll be opening up this gas tank 133 more times. I do agree with Phunk, that it will probably not solve the issue for the last remaining bit of fuel, BUT it is working. The current setup I have will NOT allow fuel to flow to one side of the tank or the other at a rapid rate, so slalom or chicane style turns will become safer. I have yet to test it out on a 95 mph sweeper - and probably wont until I can get somewhere SAFE and way off the beaten path of traffic. I do have a track event come May, so if I don't test the sweeper by then, I'll test it in May. I plan on making foam and tool with me to the track to preform more testing.

I did create a mockup of our tank and installed some foam just to watch how it worked. Pretty cool stuff. One side of the tank can be completely turbulent and the other is hardly wavy. This is positive improvement. I think if your sweeping turn is less than 3 seconds long, the foam may work out well.

To be continued...

Last edited by Robert Yuras; 03-18-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Robert Yuras is offline   Reply With Quote