View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
georgem71
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nissan 370z
georgem71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dough1397 View Post
Your flywheel is most likely still attached to the car. I've never seen a pressure plate look like that. It almost looks pitted. Probably best to get more people to give their opinions.

Was your clutch behaving fine before the failure of the CSC? No signs of slipping?

You can ask your service adviser to see the pictures they sent to Nissan if you don't think Nissan is telling the truth.

Nissan is stating misuse caused the CSC to fail and is not honouring your warranty. You can flip this and question whether it was the CSC's failure that led to signs of misuse. If so your warranty claim should not be invalidated. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Remember the dealer is your friend at this point. The dealer submits warranty claims, Nissan makes the call to approve warranty repairs. Your dealer can work for you or against you when dealing with Nissan, better to be friendly with the dealer at this point. Perhaps you could ask the dealer if a failing CSC (i.e. not fully disengaging the clutch due to a slow leak) would have caused burning.
The car was working perfectly the night before. Nothing was wrong with it, no previous warnings, no signs of anything with the car. The next morning I got into my car to go to work and the clutch completely sank to the floor and would not spring back. I asked my Z friends what it was and they told me it was my CSC since Z's are notoriously known to have it fail. What is crazy though is that the day right before my Z was working perfectly fine.

But here's an update. On my way home from work this afternoon I decided to stop by a different Nissan dealership. I explained to them what had happened to my Z and showed them pictures of my clutch disk and pressure plate. The SA and one of the technicians (mechanics) asked me how many miles I had on the car. I replied 23k and they told me not to worry about it and that they would take care of it under warranty. I explained to them I had already taken it to my dealership and that they had already reported it to Nissans Consumer Affairs. And that they denied it. The guys there looked at me and told me that my dealership had screwed me over and that Nissan goes based off whatever the dealership tells them (decides). They told me to ask them if they could at least just cover the CSC and labor so I wouldn't have to pay, and then to take it over to them and they would do the rest under warranty. Long story short, go to severel different dealers let them know what the problem is, let them know it's a CSC failure and go with the one that tells you they WILL cover it under warranty without giving you the "it might be covered under warranty" speech. Hopefully my dealer will cover the CSC under warranty!
georgem71 is offline   Reply With Quote