View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #195 (permalink)
georgem71
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nissan 370z
georgem71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Dealer won't warranty it unless it fails. Sometimes it'll start to leak and the dealer will just put in GT-R clutch fluid. Eventually it fails.

Dirty clutch fluid in the hydraulic system combined with usage causes failure. I don't think it can handle hard launching, but that might show 'abuse' on the clutch risking the dealer not covering it. And believe me, they will look for any excuse not to cover it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could just pump the clutch pedal repeatedly full stroke and have it fail eventually. Like all the way to the floor and hold for a moment every time.

But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it unless you drive the car hard. Just drive it until the OEM one fails, at which time you replace it with an aftermarket one. Ideally, you can time the replacement of the clutch at the same time in which case it probably wouldn't fail for years. Kenchan has an 09 with like 20K miles (maybe?) and his CSC is fine.
Which makes perfect sense. But with my own circumstance I drive my car on the daily bases. It is my daily. I've had the car for 10 months. Bought my Z in May of 2014 with 5 miles. It's now March 2015 with 23,309 miles and Nissan does not want to cover it under warranty due to abuse of the car. I love Nissans customer support!
georgem71 is offline   Reply With Quote