View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #194 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVA View Post
This may sound a little crazy but here goes. My warranty expires in July, my car has a little over 10,000 miles on it. I'd like to avoid the work of installing an aftermarket CSC myself and get the warranty to cover the install.

What makes them fail and does it have to be a complete failure before the warranty will cover it?
Dealer won't warranty it unless it fails. Sometimes it'll start to leak and the dealer will just put in GT-R clutch fluid. Eventually it fails.

Dirty clutch fluid in the hydraulic system combined with usage causes failure. I don't think it can handle hard launching, but that might show 'abuse' on the clutch risking the dealer not covering it. And believe me, they will look for any excuse not to cover it.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could just pump the clutch pedal repeatedly full stroke and have it fail eventually. Like all the way to the floor and hold for a moment every time.

But if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it unless you drive the car hard. Just drive it until the OEM one fails, at which time you replace it with an aftermarket one. Ideally, you can time the replacement of the clutch at the same time in which case it probably wouldn't fail for years. Kenchan has an 09 with like 20K miles (maybe?) and his CSC is fine.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote