View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
How loud is the exhaust without the HFCs? I am looking to replace mine but not the cats. Minicobra's video sounded great, but I know he has the HFCs also. I want something that is fine as a daily driver, and when cruising doesn't drone, and is also reasonably quiet............. but, when you get on it, it comes to life. Thanks.
I pretty much drive mine daily, I think you would have no problem with this, even with the HFC's. You can always start with the CBE first, then add the HFC's if you feel you want some more power and a little more volume.

Most of the deep tone is between 3500 and 5000 rpm if your on it, then it smooths out a bit over 5000.

Cruising on street at 45mph - 4th gear = no drone, talk on your blue tooth, listen to stereo etc.
Cruising on Freeway, steady 70-80mph=same thing :-) it's pretty amazing!

Now that I've been driving with the Berk exhaust for a few days, I've really learned how to get the sound out of it, or not get it out. It's pretty easy to make it sound mellow if you shift at the right points, and also easy if you want to roll by a Mustang or a new Camero and make them wonder what the hell you have in that thing. :-) Also, there is no question that this has freed up some power, it is noticeable over my previous Nismo setup. The throttle response is better and the power comes on much sooner. I'm really enjoying the car again. I especially like it when driving through a tunnel or freeway underpass, just roll on the throttle lightly and it's music to the ears. Awesome!!
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum

Last edited by Minicobra1; 12-09-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote