View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalkat102 View Post
had the same issue. got it checked at the dealer and it was the brake fluid. Mechanic said it was low and dirty. Got it flushed and topped off for about $120. They said to do it about every 10K not sure about that though
LOL 10K miles. Even the owner's manual says 2 years or 30K miles. I like to do mine at one year or 15K miles. But I DIY and it costs me <$40 plus about 90 minutes of my time.

How old was your brake fluid at the time? If they're telling you to use a 10K change interval, I bet your fluid was perfectly fine. A flush for $120 is much better profit margin than them just topping off the fluid for free

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote