View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:24 AM   #45 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

I feel that I have to post this:

1. ECUTEK has been claiming things and using smoke and mirrors for some time now. If the features are available, then let people have them if they agree to test and stuff. For me, it's a nogo with those guys.

2. UPREV has been consistent with their claims and support. I personally only deal with Mike (manager) and Omar (tuner), but any of there staff will square you away and tell it to you straight. Not to mention that there are features that are available that may or may not be offered by PRO-Tuners for various reasons. I know for certain that UPREV is working updated features everyday and their tunes are very reliable (I can't speak for all of their PRO-Tuners since I went straight to the source). There are a few forum members that knew my Z and a couple even got to take it out on the Dragon (when I wasn't constantly running it) and it was tuned by a PRO-Tuner and then later on by Omar at UPREV. And I get it........every car can respond differently to parts, upgrades, and tuning.

3. VRTuning isn't even on my radar, so no comment.

The bottom line is that you have to know what and who you are dealing with in the tuning game. Just because ECUTEK is awesome with GT-Rs, that doesn't translate to being automatically awesome with 370Zs. They are very different and everyone knows that. Lastly I doubt you will ever see any posts from UPREV, but know that they have their ears to the ground and are pushing the envelope day in and day out. I would vouch for them any day of the week.

Rob
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote