View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 06:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
cruzthepug
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Touring
cruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to beholdcruzthepug is a splendid one to behold

From the Dixie Tour event this past weekend

Street Tires
Hankook 67 Trophy 23
Dunlop 52 Trophy 17
BFG 22 Trophy 3
Bridgestone 19 Trophy 11
Toyo 7 trophy 2
All the rest less then 5 each

Looks like all the cars in BS were on Dunlops, no 370's in the field.

One of the local BS drivers (Corvette) had this to say about the Dunlops on the local forum:

"A note about tires: The new crop of super-performance street tires, if the Dunlops I'm running are typical, do have more grip than ever, making them more fun to drive. And the Dunlops stick cold, so you can drive hard from the start of run 1. On the other hand, I'm glad I didn't sell my trailer. They seem to wear more quickly than last years Rivals and I suspect will heat-cycle out after a while. We may be headed for tires that will last one season locally with street driving thrown in, but probably 2 sets a year if you really do a lot of events and better limit the number of street miles by trailering to the away events."