View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Gajewski
Base Member

Drives: 2011 G37 IPL
Gajewski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Noticed you have the intercooler zip tied. Did you test fit everything with the intercooler angled on the bracket? There's no flexibility in the charge piping so it'll have to mount that way.

FYI...the ZSpeed try (V2) clears the oil pan spacer

How did you run two oil coolers. Just linked them in series with hoses?

I had the intercooler zip tied to test the brackets out. Allowed me to re-position the intercooler then throw another set of zip ties at it, measure, repeat.

With the charge piping - my thought there is that I'm rotating the intercooler about the bottom inlet axis making all tubing from the turbo OK (in theory). Doing so will shorten the length the charge piping needs to go. If too much for the silicone adapters I can modify one of the pipes in the line, re-bead roll it and that will account for the shortened length. I think only time will tell if this will work. I'll find out once I get more time under the car to test fit all the piping.

Oil Pan Spacer - - Thank you again. Got that one.

For the oil coolers - exactly Sasha was kind enough to do me up a Hose that is about 10 inches in length.. From my initial fit up it could be too long (side note, I can adjust it if need be). But overall, I will sent oil to the driver's side oil cooler, which is bridged to the passenger side oil cooler, then back to the thermostatic plate. In the long term I will probably swap the Setrab cooler I have in there now for a like 30 row that is on the driver's side.

Last edited by Gajewski; 03-16-2015 at 05:19 PM.
Gajewski is offline   Reply With Quote