View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
RoshDawg
Track Member

Drives: '13 911 C2S
RoshDawg has a spectacular aura aboutRoshDawg has a spectacular aura about

Old thread but worth mentioning the difference in feel after putting a SS clutch line in (only one person gave feedback saying more linear feel).

I used the Z1 clutch line and got a bottle of The recommended DOT 4 fluid, had it professionally installed (fluid flush, wrap new clutch line with new heat shielding, and install) for $100 flat.

Pressing the pedal, there's no difference. However there is a large difference in releasing the pedal. Normally you feel the engagement point as you're realeasing (non linear feel in resistance as you're going past the engagement point). Now, you actually can't really tell where the engagement point is, which is a good feeling. I'm not saying this makes the clutch feel mushy or vague. The resistance now fades gradually as the pedal is released, and if you have driven the car for a decent amount of time you already know by muscle memory for when you should start pressing the gas.

If I could go back in time, I would have this part installed again. Makes me feel better knowing that the fluids are fresh, a point of possible leak is removed (on section of line is bypassed), and pedal feels more linear and predictable. If anything there is more overall resistance in the pedal when releasing. It's a nice change and I recommend it.

Next up is adding the RJM clutch pedal assembly, and hopefully the combination of the two should dramatically decrease my chance of CSC failure.