View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Liquid_G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Supercharged
Liquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond repute

bumping this in case anyone else has to do this for a show..

I tried siphoning from the filler neck with 1/4 in airline but only was able to get about a gallon out. i was about 2/3 full and after a few minutes i couldn't keep the suction going.. I'd get like 2ft of line in the filler neck and it would stop.. kept getting air bubbles in the line so not sure what was going on..

So, I ended up pulling the fuse labeled "Meter" bottom left of the fuse panel in the drivers footwell. It blacked out the gas gauge and that whole side of the cluster. It takes out a few other things, the needles on the speedo and tach don't light up, and your turnsignals don't "tick" or display on the dash, but still work. Was enough to get me past the check-in point at the show.