View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
R0bDC
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
R0bDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
1. Is there a certain mileage for our cars recommended for a new clutch? Of course it depends on use, but are there any general rules of thumb - 80k, 100k, 120k miles - just to prevent damage to the flywheel, getting stranded at the side o the road...(I have 95k miles and my clutch seems perfectly fine)
2. Wait until there are clutch failing symptoms - and if so what are they - noticeable slipping going up hill with WOT?
3. What should I pay (what did you pay) to have a dealer replace a clutch?
4. Any recommended mods with a new clutch - aftermarket, lightened flywheel, etc.

Thank you,
I am by no means a "Clutch Expert"

I just had my clutch replace and my car was at 75000 miles, basically the clutch was burnt. I receive no acceleration anymore, I would press the gas and the revs would spike up but barely any movement from the car.

I went to a third party, but I was not satisfy 100%. I bought the JWT 370Z Clutch / Flywheel Combo 09+ Z34, and an EOM Master Cylinder. The dealer was charging me 3400 dollars, because he stated Nissan has come out with an upgraded clutch and flywheel that also require a change of the master and slave cylinder. The third party charged me 1000 for labor which included Red Line Oil and the Clutch Oil.

I like the JWT clutch , however my car is now getting a new transmission because it was faulty. So.........I haven't had the chance to really test it out.

P.S. I was not satisfy with the third party because there was a screeching noise when I changed gears mostly 2nd gear, but it could've been the transmission which is getting replaced.

Last edited by R0bDC; 03-15-2015 at 08:55 PM.
R0bDC is offline   Reply With Quote