View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
NonStopTuning
NOT AN ACTIVE VENDOR

Drives: AE86
NonStopTuning is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pty370z View Post
Hey, thanks for your post. I actually didn't know of the existence of this brand. I am new to the Z family, never had a sports car before. Went to the links provided and people seem to be very happy with your products and the items seem to be very high quality. Congratulations!

I do have a question though, I noticed that your crank pulley is 10% underdrive and the alternator pulley is 10% overdrive. What happens with the stock belts for the crank and the alternator..?? Do I need to change the belts for new ones or would I keep my stock belts in both cases..??

Appreciate your comments.
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them!

There is a ton of info regarding all common questions in the following thread...
NST (NonStopTuning) 370Z VQ37HR Pulley Kit Review w/ Dyno Charts

But I would be happy to answer your question here for you. Our Underdrive Crank Pulley slows your accessories, not too much to reduce any of their output but just enough to free up a bit of extra HP & TQ to send to the wheels, while our Overdrive Alternator Pulley insures that your alternator continues to charge your electrical system at the same speed as your OEM pulleys would... no slower, no faster. In short, you get the best of both worlds when using the NST Pulley Kit. In addition, both pulleys in the NST Kit are roughly 70% lighter than OEM, providing you with the best overall weight reduction possible.

Regarding the belt... We have been using the OEM belt with our test car since the original installation and have seen no signs of abnormal wear and tear. Some customers have stepped down to a slightly shorter belt for extra peace of mind, many others are using the OEM belt with great success. We recommend keeping the OEM belt and using it with the NST Kit if it is in good shape. If you have a high mileage car, we recommend using a new Gates belt.

Please feel free to give us a call or look for me on AIM if you have any questions. Alternatively, you can post in our comprehensive thread if you have any other questions regarding our pulley kit.

Thanks again, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Last edited by NonStopTuning; 12-08-2009 at 09:29 PM.
NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote