View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
need4speed255
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15Nsmo/99 EclipseGST
need4speed255 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo500EFI View Post
This is one of those topics that always seems to peak my interest since I've been in retail for about twenty years now. Knowing the dealers invoice before you go in can be fine but most dealers now days will be fair since so much information has become public with the inter web. That being said just ask the dealer to see their invoice and they will most likely show you but you also should be polite enough to offer them a simple profit (obviously only if the ask for one) but by that I mean a couple hundred. Yes there are kick backs that they call hold back below that cost that they may even dip into. But keep in mind a dealership or any business for that matter that sells at little to no profit at all will not be around for the long haul to service your needs if they are losing money. Bottom line is none of us work for companies that don't work on a profit margin to pay ALL of their employees or the company would be considered a charity.

On a side note no one should ever worry about how quickly your purchase will depreciate unless you only plan on keeping it for a very short period of time. Just be sure you are treated fairly and you are happy with the overall deal. Trust me you will love the Z, I'm looking for daily excuses to drive mine and I could care less what the dealer made on me.
You are correct and share my thoughts as well. Being self-employed myself I know what you mean. I am not looking to get the car for free. If the dealer is pleasant to deal with, honest, and straight forward then I would pay extra and view it as a tip to them. I am not a person to pay at or near sticker price either. If I can get the car for 40k before tax then I would be happy. Heck, a different dealer already quoted me 39.8k before tax.
need4speed255 is offline   Reply With Quote