View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTech View Post
Hey I'm glad you guys like our exhaust. The looooong R&D process is how we end up with such a great sounding exhaust, especially when you consider that there are our Berk HFC's installed in these vids as well.

About the dyno's performed. The whole exhaust works in concert with each other and there is only so much power you can extract out of the exhaust system before you approach 100% efficiency. So lets arbitrarily say that the 370Z's complete exhaust (header/HFC/exhaust) has a potential of 30hp. If you bolt on a set of our Berk HFC's most of you are dynoing in the 15-17hp range (and some of you 19hp ). So you've opened up the bottleneck at the OEM cats and you have a much more free flowing exhaust. So then you install our exhaust and net 14hp.

If you did the test in reverse you would see 20hp+ from the Berk exhaust then 10hp from the cats.

The dyno tests on our exhaust have shown to make 14hp ON TOP OF our HFC's. What we have here is a real performer that isn't diluted down when you make improvements upstream of the catback exhaust system.

All of our exhausts include the resonated midpipes at no additional charge. Our exhaust is priced at an MSRP of $1199.99 and like new cars dealers set actual pricing on the exhaust.
How loud is the exhaust without the HFCs? I am looking to replace mine but not the cats. Minicobra's video sounded great, but I know he has the HFCs also. I want something that is fine as a daily driver, and when cruising doesn't drone, and is also reasonably quiet............. but, when you get on it, it comes to life. Thanks.