Thread: YzGyz's turn!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute

The day started with me attempting to remove my brace so that I could get to the spark plugs, throttle body and injectors. FAIL!!! I disconnected my battery when I removed my transmission. The dang windshield whippers are impeding me access to the top 2 screw of the brace! I thought about plugging the batter back in but nah!! Not worth it if if some electrical mishaps or ecu problem comes up. I'll just wait and do that later as well.

So, the only thing I'm able to do is the fuel pump swap.

Here is the fuel tank.

This is the pump pulled out of the fuel tank.

This is the fuel pump assembly taken apart so that I could swap the pump out. The CJM fuel kit is on top. Look at the size difference between the two pumps.

Here is the OEM fuel pump retainer cut out so that the new pump can fit.

The new pump fits right in with space to spare!

Here she is put back together.

When installing the fuel line adapter, don't tighten the clamps until you line everything up nice and strait.

And so my car and garage will sit like this until I get my transmission reinstalled unless someone can walk me through on what to do with the loose end of the "add a fuse."

Don't mind the ladder. I'm using it to work in the engine bay wince I can't see or reach anything since the car is in hover mode.

YzGyz

Last edited by YzGyz; 04-18-2015 at 12:18 PM.
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote