View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #194 (permalink)
MIKE_STR
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
MIKE_STR has a spectacular aura aboutMIKE_STR has a spectacular aura about

Hey, so... I don't have enough time at the moment to read through your build.

However, I'll share what Ive learned...

You might want softer than 12k rear. The last setup I tried was 14k front / 12k rear and it did make a noticeable difference.

I kept on adding more and more positive camber in the rear. The rear just build soooo much camber upon compression... it's nuts. I'd honestly try -1.5 rear and -3 front.

The brakes are awful. Dont use anything but the stock pads. Every once in awhile (even with stock pads) I'd flat spot all 4 tires. That's my biggest reason for not wanting to campaign the car anymore. I could never figure it out. Sometimes I'd just be trail-braking in and... wham... the front tires lock up and I just flat spotted the crap out of them. That was just so frustrating... and expensive.
I dont think this problem was very common with stock suspension... however, the stiffer the rates... the worse it seemed to be. This cars brakes killed my confidence.

You'll need a full tank of gas or else you'll fuel starve. As you know, the tank is huge.

I modified a set of kine / AmS camber arms and got -3.2 front. That's your best bet.

The car will make 300 whp with just high flow cats and a tune. That's plenty until you've figured out the suspension.

I'm selling a set of bride seat brackets and the modified front camber arms at the moment. just an fyi.

Best of luck! Hopefully they'll move the car to STU where it belongs!