View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
BamBamZ
Base Member

Drives: Touring/Sport/6spd
BamBamZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej z34 View Post
welcome to the group. I live in mountain house also in the bethany district
Sweet, I'm in Altamont... I used to do the voluntary neighborhood watch patrols out here working with the sheriff's department before I started working long hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
I DD a silverado, the first time taking the Z out in the spring I always end up about going through the windshield from hitting the brakes too hard at first.
The truck brakes from 80mph-0 in about 5000 feet
Sounds about right, For the X-Runner Toyota knew of it's downfalls and offered TRD aftermarket support to make it a "sports truck"... Too slow? They have a intake, exhaust and supercharger you can buy, Crappy shifter? They have a short shifter, Crappy brakes? they have a BBK.

The several times I had to panic brake to avoid running a red light or stop sign... Slam on brake pedal- It slows down NOT STOPPING- Not going to make it, not going to make it, not going to make it! f*ck it were running it. On the test drive in the Z, I got to the first stop sign and I just tapped the pedal and felt like an anchor fell from the bottom of the car. The sales lady even said "WHOA, BRAKES WORK!"

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
BamBamZ is offline   Reply With Quote