View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
NonStopTuning
NOT AN ACTIVE VENDOR

Drives: AE86
NonStopTuning is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pty370z View Post
Hi guys,

I've seen many people go for the Stillen Lightweight Crank Pulley. I've noticed that the Unorthodox Pulley is lighter, claims more gains over the Stillen, and is also cheaper.

I'm referring to the STOCK diameter exclusively. Not interested in the underdrive.

Any reason to go one or the other..?? How about quality..??

Appreciate your comments!
Both companies offer very good options if you are interested in a stock diameter crank pulley. Both companies are also well known for excellent quality and customer service. The gains in throttle response would be very similar when using either pulley, so it really comes down to a preference of brand when considering these two pulleys.

Going with a stock diameter pulley should only be considered if you are using a supercharger kit that is driven by the crank pulley. Otherwise a properly designed underdrive kit would yield better gains, while keeping all your accessories functions within the correct specs. I'm sure you've seen our comprehensive thread, but in case you haven't...

NST (NonStopTuning) 370Z VQ37HR Pulley Kit Review w/ Dyno Charts

And finally, if you are after a custom crank pulley... feel free to contact us at NST and we would be happy to build you a pulley of any size, almost any weight, almost any color, for almost any application, at a very reasonable price.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Last edited by NonStopTuning; 12-08-2009 at 05:49 PM.
NonStopTuning is offline   Reply With Quote