View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
jrb55gh
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z black 7AT
jrb55gh is on a distinguished road

I will repeat here what I recently PM'ed to another forum member:

I chose ecutek software because it allowed the tuner to have direct control of the 370z throttle response and ignition timing. Whereas Uprev, at the time I was buying, had only indirect ignition timing and throttle control. Throttle control is very important with a daily driven automatic because there is no clutch to moderate and overly or underly responsive throttle during daily driving. There are several threads on The370z.com that show how uprev users are struggling with the throttle response.

My etune was done by Dynotronics in New Braunfels. I bought the tune and the cable for $725. Joe at Dynotronics had tuned several 370’s and at least one track car with some dyno time from what I understood. That experience was required to do an etune without dyno time on my car. After several iterations of programming and data logging I am satisfied with the much tailored outcome, great throttle response and more power across the rpm band with no loss in fuel mileage. Dynotronics will do retunes for free if NA mods are added as long as I own the car. Another respected ecutek tuner is Visconti Tuning in Connecticut.

Other Dynotronics references are Jarblue (6mt) in Austin and Tiger123 (7at) in Chicago.
jrb55gh is offline   Reply With Quote