View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #31 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdom View Post
I see some on the forum going to track events. What is the risk of damage from hitting another car or is it fairly safe to try track driving?

I think it would be fun but not sure what the risks are. Not that there aren't any just driving down the road. I could see once the adrenaline gets going and some inexperienced guys going fast on a track that there might be some issue.

How dose it work and what are the risks to the vehicle?
The only risk is the risk that you create, just like on the road. Passing is very controlled, especially in Novice and Intermediate groups. You are only allowed to pass when the driver in front of you gives you a "point by" and that only happens in designated passing areas.

So basically if you drive within your abilities you can have fun and keep it on the track. The trick is to start slow and slowly build up speed as you gain confidence in how to handle the car.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote