View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #3971 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
One of the things you have to watch out for when doing compressed loads. When seating heavy (longer) bullets. Is your OAL. Sometimes the powder will push the bullets back out of the case after seating. Measure your OAL, wait about 30 minutes and check again. You have to have good neck tension or a heavy crimp to hold the bullet in place.

As for burning rate. Ideally you what the powder to burn within about 3" from the end of the barrel. Burn too quickly, you get low velocity. Burn too fast, you get big muzzle flash, and a dirty barrel.
It's been a week, all good. The 4064 are big cylinders so lots of room after being crushed I'm sure some broke and just filled the gaps. I'd be more worried with ball powder doing this. Only issue I noticed is I have to use LC brass. All others fill up into tthe neck.