View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
edconline
Track Member

Drives: 10' MB Z34 6MT T/S/N
edconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond reputeedconline has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
The lens conversion has always had an issue with melting plastic just in front of the lens. I have been trying to fix this issue but haven't come up with any solution.

As far as paint Krylon & Rustolem are good, color matching to your car use
Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup just need you paint code, need to get there paint prep, the base and the clear.

Repainting is the hard part, using sand paper and oven cleaner you need to remove all the old paint. If you mix paints you get a bad cracking effect. If you use heat treated paint (Engine Enamel) you will get cracking. If you use caliper paint you will get cracking.

I did Mr&Mrs head lights and didn't remove old paint, one light came out perfect the other looked so bad. I had to strip it and prep it to get it right.

Hope some of this helps.
Here is the fix to the melting problem. Permanent and 100% effective. Also, even easier than this, spray 2 coats of VHT nightshade onto the back of the turn signal projector lens. Not only does it look even better tinted, it reduces 90% of the reflected light and basically eliminates the problem.

Last edited by edconline; 03-07-2015 at 09:30 PM.
edconline is offline   Reply With Quote