View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #319 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all
Exclamation ISC Chicago

Neil,

Unfortunately you're not alone and I've spent a good 3+ hours on the phone with USPS and US Customs in Chicago over this since discovering that multiple customers have all been stuck there since the 25th. Approximately 10 packages all entered around the same date/time which all got sidelined by customers for a reason still unknown. USPS says customs has the packages and US Customs won't tell me why or what the he// they're doing with them for so long. In fact yesterday I was told by a US Customs person I shouldn't contact them again and they have the power to hold them as long as they like!

I'll be opening a formal complaint and investigation into the matter on Monday with Canada Post as soon as they reopen. Hopefully they'll be able to put some pressure on them. By my count these packages have been stuck for ~7 business days right now which is still fairly short compared to some of the reading I've done about that facility but none the less very aggravating.

Now I've shipped hundreds of packages thru this facility in the last year and over 1500+ in the last 3 years all of which had exactly the same packing, labels, shipping paperwork etc as the ones currently stuck and it's never been a problem.

As for FedEx unfortunately not. I had Extremely BAD! experience with them when I initially started out as they first lost 1 in 10 packages I sent and then after a couple months they claimed my packages all weighed 10x what they actually when they arrived at a certain stop along the way (ie 6lbs became 60lbs etc) and was rebilled for huge bogus charges which they stole directly from my credit card and I spent over a year fighting them to get my money back... and it was thousands of dollars they took from my account. I will never ship with Fraud X again.

I don't know what's up with US Customs and no one will tell me what's actually going on with these stuck packages so I share in your frustration and I'm currently doing everything I can to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
Ryan@RJM

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote