View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 09:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Zipper 104
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '13 PW/Frost/Spt/AT
Zipper 104 will become famous soon enough
Default Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcomee View Post
Looking at that Kenwood DNN992, it's got facebook and twitter? Do other decks support those apps? I hope you can't do that **** while driving...
You're right. If you can be playing with it while driving you ought to be shot. I don't think the fines can ever be made high enough to get people clued in. There's just too many dummies driving around looking at their crotches all the time.
OTOH, it sure p***** me off when I'm on the passenger side and I'm locked out of using 'search' on a GPS or music system while the car's moving. I mean, WTF's the point in having to pull over everytime you want to find the way to some place you want to go on-the-fly? There needs to be a work-around for that but locks the driver out. I understand you'd just have that many more dummies taking their eyes off the road if it wasn't absolutely foolproof.
It's getting pretty scary out there frankly. I really don't think the police enforce it enough. Here anyway. I can't speak for elsewhere, but judging by how many idiots I encounter everywhere I go I'm sure it's a target-rich environment anywhere there's a road.

Zipper 104 is offline   Reply With Quote