View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
stuy486
Base Member

Drives: '12 370Z MB M6
stuy486 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rho View Post
There are some emerging options, especially if you can wait a little while - Bridgestone RE71R and a new BFG Rival. Might want to hold off and see what the early results are from them before deciding.

For a car as heavy as the Z (especially in front) I'd be concerned about keeping the Dunlops cool enough.
This...

I'm seeing a lot of buzz around the Bridgestone RE-71R right now, but I'll hopefully know a lot more after this weekend. The first people started getting them this week, so no one has raced on them yet. I'll be racing against a car with them on Sunday, so perhaps I'll know more then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwsrt6 View Post
The rs3's like heat so if youre in jersey they might not be great. I'm running 285 rival's squared and so far am very happy with them, completely stock over here though, might want to think of that since you're a single driver
Even in relatively cold temps on asphalt, I've never had any problems getting enough heat into RS3s in one run, especially with the newer V2 compound which claims to work better at lower temps. It wasn't uncommon for me to spray mine after 2 runs. Like j-rho, I'd be concerned about overheating the Dunlops.

As for the size question, my opinion is that square is the way to go. I'm pretty sure I remember j-rho (after running 275-305 at Nats) saying he thought square is probably the way to go as well.