View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-Nismo View Post
A Nismo is a waste??? Wow this always come from base and sport owners, find a Nismo owner that thinks there car is a waste, SMFH. It's about owning THAT car......... Just like M3 vs 335, SRT8 vs R/T, ZO6 vs Grand Sport or S Class vs AMG ect. You can mod anything to be faster, but some like myself just prefer to have the considered top tier version, just personal preference.
Here we go again. Yes, if you plan on switching out suspension and modding the powertrain, you have tossed out pretty much everything that makes a Nismo special other than the body kit and wheels. Thus, unless you really love the body kit and wheels, or need the penis extension that a tiny little numbered plaque gives you, a Nismo is a waste if you plan on heavily modding the car. Since the OP isn't planning on that, let's drop it since a "Nismo VS Base" thread is right up there with "What oil should I use".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim414 View Post
I've compared the Z's (on paper, side by side) and the Nismo body is reinforced to make it stiffer overall. I like that so that is why I landed on nismo....
The only reinforcements are two body dampers you can bolt on to any model.