View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 10:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

I will totally believe that AK, our rear OEM suspension is way too soft, and can remember problems like that as well. I went from OEM to 12K rears+sway and am now settled on 11K w no sway. I think 8-10K with OEM/mild sway would probably work pretty well too. It's a real fine line with the rear, a little too soft and it turns into a mush ball like in your first video, a little too stiff and the car will try to kill you(like mine has been doing for the last 5 months).

Basically just use the dampers to artificially make the car as stiff as you can, but when the rear is too stiff, it will let you know right away! I haven't really found a "too stiff on the front situation" yet, I am at 12K front full bar, and it's about the stopping point for me due to valving and daily driving.

In terms of suggesting a setting though, start soft (even though it is already soft) on the dampers and just keep adding clicks. Better to start off in mush land than it is to crank them down and make the car unsafe. Then again, you guys don't have to worry about walls and other cars so some of the safety issues don't exist.

Last edited by GSS138; 03-06-2015 at 10:25 AM.
GSS138 is offline   Reply With Quote