View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
louiey370z
Track Member

Drives: '11 Nissan 370z
louiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
It doesn't need to be that even. plastidip self levels rather well. What you really want is coverage, as in none of the original color showing through (the water bottle is good for this since you can shine a light through it and see where you might be thin). The other thing you need to make sure of is to avoid runs. This is why light coats are better than a single thick coat. Not only does the thick coat take exponentially longer to dry, you also run the risk of runs as well as welling (gathering of material) near corners.
Do you suggest I get it professionally done and pay a lot more than me doing it? Is it a rather easy task or should I get it professionally done? I could save good money if I do it myself, however, I want it to look nice. Thing is, I'm making less than 10$ an hour, and on top of that, I have school work to do, so me saving money is my top priority now in customizing my car.
louiey370z is offline   Reply With Quote