View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing oil, low profile cars...

I've never given it much thought, but I imagine with a car as low to the ground as the 370z, that getting "all" the oil out may prove difficult.

When I changed my oil around 1.2K ago, I didn't think much of it, but the angle required for me to get enough room to remove the cover bolts, fit my drain pan underneath, and so on...probably sent some oil to the back fo the pan, and it didn't drain out.

How does one solve this issue, short of getting a lift or similar?

With my previous vehicles (Civic) it didn't seem like there was enough of an angle there since the car has decent ground clearance...and my truck...I change it without needing to jack it up (nice!)
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote