View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
louiey370z
Track Member

Drives: '11 Nissan 370z
louiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond reputelouiey370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dP3NGU1N View Post
Start with small things first. Scuff up a plastic water bottle and practice on that. Try to get an even coating, close enough not to get overspray everywhere but far enough not to cause runs. Find out how many coatings you want to apply for best coverage, etc. figure out proper drying times for your area. See if dust gets on it easily, if it does, you'll want to cover it with a cardboard box or something.

Remember, if you mess up, let it dry first. You'll cause a bigger mess if you try to fix it before the paint has dried.

Make sure you do it in a wide open area or, if you're going to construct a make shift paint booth, make sure to wear a mask. Actually, wear a mask (with proper filters, not those cheesy paper masks) anyway, they're $30 at homedepot.

I've watched videos from DipYourCar on how many coating is good for rims, etc. but my worry is maybe it being uneven?? I mean, it sounds simple to do, but if it were really that simple, why don't people dip it themselves? And yeah I planned on doing it in my driveway. I might give it a shot. If I end up ******* up, should I continue spraying to get a heavier coat for it to be easier to peel off?
louiey370z is offline   Reply With Quote