View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 AM   #1242 (permalink)
Gadgetech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: The Short Bus
Gadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond reputeGadgetech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterbeatty View Post
Snow day so no work for me today!
You know it's interesting where I work...they are never closed...ever. So if you can't make it in, it's a vacation day. What's odd to me about that is when I worked for Cingular and later Wachovia - if there were weather issues and you couldn't make it in, it was a paid day out of the office and didn't affect your vacation. I guess it's b/c we have immature people here who would just take advantage of the situation.

Now, I work in IT distribution and while it befuddles me that we can't work remotely anyway, I can't imagine that our office in California can't handle extra load when it's too bad to make it in the office here.