View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #84 (permalink)
FireDan50
Track Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW M6
FireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond reputeFireDan50 has a reputation beyond repute

So I was cleaning under my car last week and saw this:

I think its only been like that for a couple weeks or so, but I hate knowing that something is broken on my car, so I decided to fix it. I read up on all the rear differential bushing DIYs I could before deciding to tackle it myself:

I figured since I had to pull the diff out to put in some Whiteline bushings, might as well change to the Nismo finned cover. Pulling off the old cover this is what the Quaife LSD looks like installed....that fluid stinks.

Getting the diff out wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be....hardest part for me was either getting all the drive shaft and axle bolts loose or getting the rear diff bushing out so far.

This damn bushing was a pain in the butt at first, but a Sawzall made quick work of it and got it out in less than 20 minutes with the help of an air chisel.

All I have left to do tomorrow is put the new bushings in...maybe clean up the underside and tweak a couple things.

Last edited by FireDan50; 03-07-2020 at 09:28 AM.
FireDan50 is offline   Reply With Quote