View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #3359 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzzy View Post
Took my Z in for its 2nd oil change. Yeah, I know I could do it, but I just don't want to. And if I had, I would have missed this confidence-inspiring experience at my local dealership:

I tell the service tech I want an oil change as it has been six months since they had done it and specified what oil I wanted. He writes the order ticket and I head to the suckers' lounge. After a couple of minutes he comes and finds me and this conversation takes place:

ST: You've had your oil changed before, haven't you?
Me: Yes. Y'all changed it exactly 6 months ago. You should have a record of it.
ST: What model is it? You were probably thinking every 3750 miles.
Me: It's a '14. But it's been six months.
ST: A '14? You only need to change the oil every 5000 miles.
Me: The manual says it needs to be changed every 6 months or 5000 miles so as not to void the warranty.
ST: [using pencil & paper] But it has only been 2400 miles since your last oil change.
Me: I haven't driven it much, but it has been six months.
ST: We'll change it for you this time, but next time remember that it is every 5000 miles or six months, whichever comes first.
Me: You mean like if six months comes before 5000 miles?
ST: Yep. [nods with satisfaction and exits stage right]

I felt like Bud Abbot and wondered if he ever felt like putting a gun barrel in his mouth and pulling the trigger.

I can't wait until my next visit!