Thread: STS Systems
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #101 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Well now Im all confused about turbos, cuz I thought it was all about the air flow thru them to get them spinning and the use of an IC was to cool the air going in the intake to get more dense air to allow more fuel which then gets ignited to make the power. Heat was just a by product of the spinning blades and caused heat soak which takes away power. So you are saying that hotter air makes the blades spin faster than colder air? If so I can see your point on the heat thing, then you just need to cool it down before it hits the engine.

Now as far as lag goes, doesnt the size of the turbo determine that? My turbos were small and boost came on around 2500 rpms with no lag. Also they used diverter valves to dump unused air back into the intake to help stop lag and maintain boost. So once the long piping is filled with air in the STS and if they used a DV would there still be alot of lag? I really think the GV in my 2 cars helped keep boost up.