View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostftw View Post
I guess I don't really care for the SRM so my options are now more open.
Don't be so sure you don't want SRM because the Sport Pkg is totally worth it. If you like to rev-match yourself, it can be a little annoying. But you can always turn it off. SRM was a must-have when I was searching for the Z, but after the fact, it turns out I am more happy about having the upgraded sport brakes and wheels more than SRM. I leave SRM on during my daily commute for the most part and turn it off for spirited driving when I want to do the rev matching myself.

One thing I think can be very beneficial is using SRM to learn how the car wants to be driven. Pay attention and it'll tell you what RPMs it likes in each gear at various speeds. Good for newb MT drivers and can even be helpful to experienced MT drivers that are out of practice a bit

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote