View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 11:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
evil370z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 14 touring/sport/6MT
evil370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper 104 View Post
I just installed my Swifts today with the SPL camber arms. I'd still be out doing it if it wasn't for Merv. Merv....I owe you Big Time.
My initial thought is SWIFTS OUGHT TO BE ON 370s FROM THE FACTORY.
I just got my Z out from winter storage yesterday. Since day one I have been griping about the 'ride' on the stock springs. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a sports car so it ought to have a firm ride, but I've never believed the stock suspension was as 'compliant' as it ought to be. I basically live downtown Vancouver so the streets are always patched where the city has dug things up to lay fiber optic cable, etc. The ride was firm, yes, but at times bloody bone jarring over potholes and some of the patched sections. I was not a big fan.
Today I went back downtown to work to drop off a bunch of stuff I borrowed to make sure we had everything to do the install.
What a difference. Yeah, the ride is still firm but the Swifts just work WAAAY better sucking up the bumps. Now I know why everybody says they're the way to go.
I'm going to give a few days then get an alignment. After that I'll measure things up for spacers. Big thumbs up on Swifts.

nice mannnn, gonna go for swifts too