View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #3950 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
( Click to show/hide )
Ok impulse buy maybe. Last night I looked up the cost of uppers, lowers, barrels etc etc before going to a gun show today. I pretty much decided on a Spikes Tactical lower and the wife loved the Honey Badger online! Well what do you know we found it and cheaper than online from them for only $110. I wasn't really sure what I wanted in an upper but I kinda knew the rough cost before going to piece one together.

While at the gun show the manufacturer Scott from HM Defense was there built right here in Ohio. He went on and on about their barrel design like 3x honing vs like Noviski's 2x, manufacturer process vs others etc etc and it all sounded great being way better. They make the barrel, flash hider/muzzle break, BCG, hand guard, upper, everything etc. At the gun show their base uppers were only $599!! I opted for a nickel boron BCG from them and longer 14" hand guard for $670 total with tax. I can't touch this price building one my own with similar components! Their whole guns were in the $1200-1500 range but that was only at the show for today. He said tomorrow they'll go up $100 and online they're more. He prices their stuff fully loaded with billet CNC upper and everything one day to be around $2500. That's Noviski and LWRC prices. I'll have to get it together but so far this thing sounds amazing and I'll support local for going above and beyond!!

Why HM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

"Don't give a ****."

Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote